Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rock and Roll Tuesday. Talking Heads.



This isnt a good example (because of the obvi-80's synth and chorus) but the Talking Heads produced some of the finest rock and roll there is.   Maybe it's my imagination or maybe it's just because it's all Brit-rock, but I cant help feeling that everything that was post-punk from the UK shamelessly maintained such awesome punk influence, even though the Talking Heads and Roxy Music were more soft than the Clash or BAD.  Byrne just has such edge and still does, and what he's done more recently with Brian Eno makes me so happy that time slips away when I hear them together.  Anyhow, like I said this and the link are both simple versions not representative of anything I mentioned here other than the unique (read=rebelious) musical aesthetic that true rock or punk is notorious for, but this song was on my mind today so give a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment