Thursday, May 5, 2011

Kool Thing. Sonic Youth.

Man, normally I would save this for a rock and roll Tuesday entry but I can't wait. 

Last night this guy said to me you're so lucky to have grown up in the nineties, the music was so good then.  I hadn't really thought about it, but he is so fucking right.  There will just never ever be another Sonic Youth or the Pixies, Janes Addiction, Tribe, Notorious or Pac again.  And I was.  Right there.  When all that shit dropped.  When every single flannel clad firehall-playinig band had their own cover of Smells Like... This is Kool Thing by Sonic Youth.  Off Goo.  I think Kim Gordan (well, and Erin from Bratmobile) those women were soley responsible for my dark-lipped bleached hair punk rock boot and titty tee hotness back then.

This song STILLLL makes my heart race ahhhh!  And my stomach all woozy with how mthrfckng kool it is.

Oh my god.   I was a lucky grl.



No comments:

Post a Comment