Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Me'shell Ndegeocello & The Funk Brothers. You Really Got a Hold on Me.

So embedding the song I want to post about today is disabled by youtube, which made me investigate a little. 

First, the song is Me'shell Ndegeocello's version of You Really Got a Hold on Me, which as far back as I can remember first ever hearing it when I was 11 or so has been one of my favorite ever love songs.  It came on my contempo-influenced soul station on Pandora today.  It's just so good, the contained passion of it.  It's soo precise.  Aghghhg god. 

In the meantime what I discovered was a documentary about the band she is performing with, The Funk Brothers, which is what the clip is from, Standing in the Shadows of Motown.  Now added to my summer queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment