Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hell in a Bucket. Grateful Dead.

It's just one of those times that wont come again.

Like 1995 when Jerry died, and the weekend before it happened our downstairs apartment with the baby pool on the front step was open-doored and windowed, and we went back and forth between our place and the girls next door.  The girls next door had the Dead going for 48 hours straight, Jerry died days from that.  It was August, we all called ourselves the ladies of 6th street, there were vigils for Jerry all over the boards and up three streets where the old squatter house used to be.  I still have the ring left from the colorful mushroom-shaped candle I burned.

Here is Hell in a Bucket--the clip is soooo cheesy!!  But worth it:

It's the song that was just starting when I got in the car yesterday to leave Schank and Jotto at MR DUCKS on Talbot Street. Whaaaattt no way I laughed to myself when I heard the first few bars of the live version, and then, hellll yeaaa, bc really.  High sun going down on the bay, south wind and going ASAP to see my grls after leaving the cute boy uptown, and of course each and every one of the grls have cute summer boy tales, too~

...Least I'm enjoyin the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment